Let the Healing Begin!

  This week I receied a device to start the healing of my ankle. It's called a bone stimulator, and I get to wear it 10 hours a day! I don't feel anything, but I am worried I am not wearing it right...Imagine trying to put an elbow pad around your ankle. I get to follow up with the doctor in about six weeks to check on the progress.
  I lost 3.8 pounds this past week, and I was very pleased! I am on a good path, and so is Patrick. We even inspired one of his co-workers to join Weight Watchers. It feels good to have that kind of inspiration...it makes me want to keep going so I can keep inspiring. This week, I have had nothing but the munchies, but I've managed to keep on track. I am aiming to workout 5 days this week.
   A couple nights ago, I had a dream with my dad in it. It's been awhile since I've had a  dream with him in it..they feel so real when I do though. It breaks my heart all over again. The only thing I remember in the dream was it took place at a job fair/health convention, and my dad was invited to speak as a motivational speaker for runners. When I saw him, I ran up to him, and hugged him while bawling my eyes out. I didn't want to let go. An onlooker asked "What is going on there?" Someone replied, "He's been dead for almost 10 years." like it was nothing. When I dream of my dad, it makes me realize how much I do miss him. Especially when it's coming close to time for me to get married, have kids, and he won't be there. It's almost like when I am moving on or if there is an important moment in my life coming up, I am reminded he is still there.
  Looking on a brighter note, I am off work for the next 4 days, and I am loving it! Today I am hoping to clean the apartment and get my laundry done. Then I can relax the rest of the weekend in a nice and clean apartment. Here's to a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did I Read the Stars so Wrong?

Step 1: The Purge